CELT-P (CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING – PRIMARY – 6-12 year olds)
The Certificate in English Language Teaching – Primary or CELT-P is an international qualification focused on helping Primary school teachers to develop their classroom skills and teaching confidence.
It’s a practical teaching qualification designed to give English teachers relevant skills to get the best from the young learners that they work with.
The course aids teachers in creating strategies for the key challenges of teaching English as a foreign language (TEFL), and works to develop young learners learners’ listening and speaking abilities in large classes.
Teachers make use of their existing teaching knowledge and skills and increase both, through a combination of online study and observed teaching practices with an approved trainer.
DURING YOUR CELT-P STUDIES, YOU WILL
- Improve your classroom practices and grow your language awareness and language in the classroom
- Become aware of how to deliver lessons successfully according to the curriculum by focusing on planning, teaching and evaluating your learners
- Apply what you have learnt in real classroom situations.
- A minimum of one year of teaching experience (Ideally candidates for CELT-P will have an initial teaching qualification).
- Be at least 18 years old.
- Have a B1+ or above level of English.
HOW TO APPLY?
- CELT-P is available in Mexico through International House Mexico. Complete the online application form below to apply today.
The course modules
|1 Language awareness for teaching||
|2 Developing listening and speaking skills in the primary classroom||
|3 Developing reading and writing skills in the primary classroom||
|4 Resources for learning in the primary classroom||
|5 Managing the primary classroom||
|6 Developing language use in the primary classroom||
|7 Language learning and the primary learner||
|8 Planning language learning in the primary context||
|9 Assessing language learning in the primary context||
HOW THE COURSE IS ASSESSED:
|English Language Teaching methodology||
Candidates who successfully complete all modules within the CELT-P programme and all assessments successfully will receive the CELP-P qualification. If your previous training has not included a formally assessed teaching practice component; CELT-P is a good option to achieve a qualification which includes this key element.
CELT-P gives teachers insight into the principles of effective teaching and offers a range of skills for to develop your English teaching in a context that is relevant to the age you work with. You will:
- Gain hands-on teaching practice.
- Complete written assignments and language tasks.
- Have three lessons assessed to Cambridge English standards by your course tutor, providing developmental feedback and consolidating your learning on the course.
CELT-P is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge.
TAKE CELT-P IN BLENDED FORMAT OR INTENSIVELY
CELT-P blended online component helps candidates who cannot attend every sessions at the centre to maximize their time.
Both options offer input sessions focusing on:
- Language awareness.
- Professional and career development in ESL/EFL.
- Teaching of various language areas and skills.
- An CELT-P online component which allows for flexibility to candidates who cannot always attend every sessions at the centre and helps to maximize their time.
- Teaching approaches and techniques.
The course includes interactive tasks, video observations and forum discussions in order to help candidates develop effective, principled teaching methodologies. Online CELT-P gives candidates an increased amount of time and support for you to reflect on and develop what you have learnt.
CELT-P is a 120-hour course. There are 27 hours of optional additional material for teachers to extend and practice what they have learned during the online course.