CELT-S (Certificate in English Language Teaching – Secondary)
By its acronym means: Cambridge Certificate in Secondary English Language Teaching. CELT-S is a course where teachers of basic education at the secondary level can develop their skills in the classroom and teach with greater confidence.
This course helps you obtain a practical certification of teaching the English language, at the same time, it provides the person who studies it, the relevant skills to obtain the best teaching results in pupils between the ages of 11 to 18 years.
This course helps to create strategies to face the teaching of English as a foreign language (TEFL) immersed in a context of basic education at the secondary level; as well as, it helps to manage the classroom with a large number of students, making this a classroom full motivated and high academic performance.
The University of Cambridge trusts in the International House Mexico as a highly recognized organization in the world of teacher training. This is due to the quality that its graduates obtain internationally. As well as being able to validate these studies internationally, so that you can not only teach in Mexico; but, also in any part of the world.
- At least 18 years of age.
- B1+ or above level of English
- At least one year of teaching experience (Ideally, you should have an initial teaching qualification but this is at the centre´s discretion)
How do I apply?
The CELT- S course is offered in Mexico through International House Mexico. Contact to Mr. Orlado to the following e-mail: email@example.com or complete the ONLINE APPLICATION.
This programme is designed to reflect the specific needs and working context. The main aim is to develop your skills in the following areas:
- Language awareness and language use in the classroom
- Planning, teaching and evaluation
- Assessment and evaluation.
|1. Classroom management in the secondary classroom||
|2. Language learning and the teenage learner||
|3. Teaching language skills||
|4. Language awareness for teaching||
|5. Teaching language in the secondary classroom||
|6. Planning language learning in the secondary context||
|7. Language learning resources and materials for the secondary classroom||
|8. Assessing language learning in the secondary context||
You will be assessed in the following ways:
|English Language Teaching methodology||
The participants who complete all the modules and assessments will receive the CELT-S qualification.
CELT-S gives you insight into the principles of effective teaching and a range of skills for teaching English in your teaching context.
- Gain hands-on teaching practice.
- Complete written assignments and language tasks.
- Three lessons are assessed by your course tutor.
A Cambridge qualification
Because it is awarded by Cambridge English Language Assessment, part of the University of Cambridge, CELT-S is internationally recognised, highly respected and a benchmark for quality.”.
What grades are awarded?
Candidates are awarded an overall grade of Pass or Pass with Merit.
Supervised Teaching Practice in this course
- Observation of qualified teachers and videoed lessons
- Nine written tasks aimed at broadening the trainees’ awareness and application of teaching principles.
- Supported lesson planning.
- Detailed feedback and discussion sessions with a course tutor.